The California Homeless Education Technical Assistance Center (HETAC) network is funded by the California Department of Education to provide support and technical assistance to county offices of education (COEs), local educational agencies (LEAs), and other interested stakeholders to ensure educational access and success for children and youth experiencing homelessness. The HETAC network is operated by the Contra Costa COE, Los Angeles COE, and San Diego COE.
Supports provided by the California HETAC network include:
- The development and maintenance of the HETAC website, which provides informational and practical homeless education resources
- The development and provision of virtual homeless education trainings
- The planning and hosting of in-person homeless education trainings and conferences
- The development of homeless education resources such as issue briefs and implementation tools and templates
- Other resources, according to the evolving needs of California COEs and LEAs